- Comprehensive itineraries that can be adapted for 24-hour layovers, 5-day visits, 2-week trips, and more, including the best road trips in Iceland from the Ring Road to the Golden Circle.
- Rick’s strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites.
Hike vast glaciers, marvel at steaming lakes, and explore the land of the midnight sun: with Rick Steves, Iceland is yours to explore! Inside Rick Steves Iceland you’ll find:
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the stunning northern lights to hidden hikes and cozy bookstores
- How to connect with local culture: Soak in hidden hot springs, sample fish, and chat with locals in moody and welcoming rural towns
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick’s candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep and relax
- Self-guided walking tours of lively Reykjavík and art and museums and mile-by-mile scenic driving tours
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources include a packing list, an Icelandic phrasebook, an overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Reykjavík, the Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the South Coast, the Westman Islands, West Iceland, The Ring Road, the East Fjords, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Iceland.